Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Famous Mexican Paintings, Art, and Painters

 


When one thinks of famous Mexican Painters the first person that comes to mind is usually Diego Rivera.  That is if any name comes to mind!  He is a very famous Mexican artist with many great paintings and works of art to his name.  The image to the right is a picture of his famous mural at the National Palace.  In addition to this mural he also made many more, including some controversial ones.  A few of his murals are pictured below.



Although Rivera's murals are clearly beautiful works of art, I am partially to his paintings.  This Mexican painting by Rivera is simply called Flower Carrier.  I like this painting because of its simplicity and powerful message.  I believe that this is in my top ten Mexican paintings for sure.  Hope that you like it too!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this painting too. What do you think it represents, Country Paintings?

    ReplyDelete